Odour Manager enthusiasts are invited to participate in the 10th Conference on Odours in the Environment, taking place from November 29-30, 2023, at the Leipzig Marriott Hotel in Germany. This German conference takes place regularly every 2 years and this time is the 10th event.
This two-day conference offers attendees the opportunity to immerse themselves in the intricacies of measuring, forecasting, and evaluating odour emissions and in ambient air. It serves as a platform for sharing practical experiences and is an essential event for those passionate about environmental odour management.
Notable Presentations to Anticipate:
Keynote Address: 50 Years of Olfactometry
- Presented by Mr. Dietmar Mannebeck, Founding Partner, Olfasense GmbH, Kiel.
- Embark on a journey through the history of olfactometry, exploring what has endured and the possible future.
Special Theme: Impact of the Updated TA Luft
- Moderated by Prof. Dr. Isabelle Franzen-Reuter.
- Understand the repercussions of the updated TA Luft, encompassing new definitions and safeguards against significant odour immissions.
Session on Odour emissions and in ambient air from the agricultural economy
- Moderated by Mr. Martin Kamp
- Gain insights into the practical implications in farming.
Session on Measuring odours
- Moderated by Dr. Heike Hauschildt.
- Dive into case studies that compare odour dispersion models with measurements.
Session on Artificial Intelligence
- Moderated by Dr. Peter Boecker
- Learn about the use of AI in odour management
Session on Case studies and projects
- Moderated by Dr Jörg Hellhammer
- Explore some interesting case studies related to the new Air regulation on air quality (TALuft)
- Polarity profiles - Influence of experience on hedonic evaluation (Dr. Kirsten Sucker, Research Associate, Institute for Prevention and Occupational Medicine of the German Social Security, Institute of the Ruhr University Bochum (IPA), Bochum)
- Synthetic AKTerm - site-specific, accurate and immediately available. (Dr. Heinz Theo Mengelkamp, Partner, anemos Gesellschaft für Umweltmeteorologie mbH, Reppenstedt)
Mobile activated carbon filtration as a sustainable and efficient method for odour elimination. (Tobias Carstens, M. Eng., Sales Engineer, DESOTEC N.V., Roeselare,
The New Photooxidation in Exhaust Air Purification - Biofilter and UV-Technology in Comparison on the Basis of Large-Scale Application in the Emscher Canal. (Dipl.-Ing. Frank Seitz, Managing Director, DNFO Abluftconsulting Seitz, Ludwigshafen)
New concepts for the elimination of odours from roasting plants. (Dipl.-Ing. Frank Seitz, Managing Director, DNFO Abluftconsulting Seitz, Ludwigshafen)
- Gain insights from industry experts.
- Stay updated on the latest trends in odour detection and mitigation.
- Network with professionals in the field.
Who Should Attend?
This conference is suitable for operators of odour-emitting industrial facilities, regulatory representatives, engineers, measurement experts, researchers, and academics.
Don't miss this opportunity to explore this bianual German conference on odour management. Register today and be a part of the vital discussions and learning experiences at the 10th Conference on Odours in the Environment. Please mind that the conference is in German language.
More info here.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles:
- The new regulation on Air Quality of Germany came into force in December
- Successful VDI conference on odour management in Wiesbaden
- VDI odour Conference will take place in Wiesbaden the 24-25 November 2021
- Open the call for papers for next VDI Conference on Environmental Odours, 20-21 November 2019
- 7th VDI Conference. Odours in the environment 15-16 Nov. 2017, Nuremberg, Germany