Your entry into the 9th IWA International Conference on Environmental Odours and VOCs Management is covered by our COVID-Guarantee, giving you peace of mind about entering. What this means is if the event is cancelled due to COVID-19, we will automatically guarantee you a spot in the next edition of this event or the next international event organized by olores.org.
We understand that there can be many reasons why you can no longer take part, which could be outside of your control. Most events do not offer any form of refund in these circumstances and like them we are also unable to offer a refund on all items. However, in fairness to all of our attendees you can choose from one of the following options:
- Request to defer your entry to the following year for an administration fee of €10. Please note some items may not be deferred; in most cases, these are non-transferable and non-refundable, once we receive your request we will email you details of any other items you have purchased and whether they will be refunded or deferred. If you would like to apply for this option, please contact us here.
- Request to transfer your entry to another attendee for a €10 fee, paid by the new attendee. In this case, the new attendee must register at the event, after that, contact us for more details.
What happens if there is a local lockdown in my area?
If the area where you live is under a local lockdown, we would expect you to follow the guidelines from the authorities. If these guidelines include advice not to travel to another area, which makes your attendance of our event impossible we will review your situation and offer you alternative options for your entry.
What happens if there is a local lockdown in Bilbao?
If there is a local lockdown that directly effects the event then we will liaise with the relevant local stakeholders and councils and will communicate the plans for the event and what options you have available to you in as timely a manner as possible.
Can I have a refund if I’m forced to self-isolate?
If you are forced to self-isolate and are unable to attend the event you will need to email us with proof, between 2 weeks prior to the event and no later than one day after. (The 2 week time period is based on the current government guidelines for self-isolation).
What if the Conference is cancelled?
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of our control. If this happened all people registered will receive notification by email. Your entry will automatically be transferred to the equivalent event. If you are unable to take part in the next event, you can request one of the following:
- Defer your entry to the following year free of charge; or
- Transfer your entry to another attendee for a £10 fee, paid by the new attendee.
Discounted or free entries cannot automatically be transferred or deferred to another year. These will be treated on an individual basis upon receipt of your email.
Feel free to send us any question or doubt you may have have.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- Sponsor IWA Odour 2021 Conference and discover new market opportunities
- REGISTRATION OPEN for 9th IWA Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference
- Measures for Coronavirus containment during the IX Conference on Odour Management